- Skip the diet. Just eat healthy & make better choices.
- Find a workout (or trainer) you love. It will make exercising each day less of a drag.
- Find a “wind down” or “stress reliever” routine to do at the end of each day. Set a time where you do it every night, then get in bed right after. Sleeping more is major.
- Know that it’s okay to be a little hungry.
- When you eat, focus ONLY on eating. Overeating happens when you’re distracted.
- Protein, Produce, Plant-based fats (avocados, nuts, plant oils).
- The answer is always water. Hungry? Water. Headache? Water. Hungover? Water.
- Drink at least 8oz of water when you first wakeup.
- No eating 2.5 to 3 hours before bed.
- Never grocery shop on an empty stomach & always have a prepared grocery list before shopping. Sticking to your list will help you stay away from junk food & impulse buys.
❤️ “I’m still learning to love the parts of myself that no one claps for.” ❤️
learning to love yourself wholeheartedly is a process.. but it’s a process that is incredibly important in how many things in your life are going to play out. loving yourself will make it easier for you not to chase someone who doesn’t love you or treat you properly. instead of seeking someone else’s love to fill the void you have yet to fill yourself, go out and do things that will help you discover who you are.
- go on a long road trip with a friend.
- sit in a cozy cafe by yourself & read an uplifting book.
- stay up all night with your friends while laying under the stars & talking about life.
- call an older family member & ask them to tell you about their past.
- write inspirational quotes on some note cards & hang them up around your room as daily reminders.
just do things that you enjoy & learn how to live without craving love..
once you do that, you will then recognize & be ready to be loved by someone who actually loves you for all that you are.. instead of seeking love from someone who doesn’t deserve you.
“plant your own garden and decorate your own soul instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.” ❤️
one day, the right person will show up with huge ass bouquet. 😘
Complete Book Series = 1 spot on the list
Top 30 Childhood Books and/or Book Series
(in no particular order)
- The Berenstain Bears
- Very Hungry Caterpillar
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
- The Rainbow Fish
- Blueberries for Sal
- Arthur Series
- Little Critter Series
- Amelia’s Notebook Series
- Junie B. Jones Series
- Adventures of the Bailey School Kids
- The Giving Tree
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
- Roald Dahl Collection
- Babysitter Club
- Captain Underpants Series
- Chicken Soup for the Soul
- Series of Unfortunate Events
- Nancy Drew Series
- Hardy Boys Series
- Boxcar Children Series
- Beezus and Ramona
- Scary Stories Collection
- Freckle Juice
- Magic Attic Club
- Eyewitness Collection
- Magic School Bus Series
- Miss Nelson Series
- I Spy Collection
None of the bucket lists i have posted on my blog are “finished” products. I add onto them randomly.. but I thought it would be fun to post my current one & see what are some of the places you all want to go?! Might give me an idea or another place to add onto mine 🙂 eventually I will make these more specific when it comes to exactly where i want to go in some of these countries.
- Dallas, TX
- New Zealand
- Bora Bora
*these images are not mine. i got them from google*
there’s absolutely no exaggeration when I say I wouldn’t have made it through 2016 without him. he was a constant reminder that no matter how emotionally tired i get from fighting my clinical anxiety & depression, i have a purpose.. even if it’s just being his momma.
we don’t save them,
they save us.
& my Owen Bowen definitely saved me.
I was blessed with an AMAZING opportunity this past weekend. Muscle Sport invited me to go and represent them, as well as a few other athletes, at the Arnold Classic. I worked at the booth Friday-Sunday from 7:45am-6pm! The hours were long (especially because our energy had to stay up beat the entire time) but I would do it over and over again if I could! I met SO many amazing and influential people, as well as many people who have followed me and my workout journey over the years.
Whenever someone would come up to me and ask for a picture, tell me how long they’ve been following me, and tell me how much they love my inspirational posts and/or videos.. it was hard not to tear up. I am extremely blessed to reach so many people and help encourage others to love themselves entirely. People say that I motivate them, but what you all don’t know is that you motivate ME every single day.
P.S. Whenever you purchase from Muscle Sport, make sure you use my discount code for 30% off your order! “Dalis30”